Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Palette

I broke my shopping ban again! This time, I chose it, my boyfriend paid it... Hahaha... It's not extremely expensive makeup item, hence he don't mind to buy it for me. In addition, this is a gift from him as he left me alone at home while he went to Kuala Lumpur with his friends during the long weekend.


Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow in Nude Elements 322.

Initially, I did not give any noticed to this eyeshadow palette as it has nothing special and just a normal brown eyeshadow. Last week, while I was passing by Parkson and saw Revlon putting these palette on 10% sale. Out of curiosity, I went up and did some swatches. To my surprise, the texture is soft yet not so powdery. It's a matte color palette so if you are looking for shimmery palette then don't go for this. Unlike most drugstore brands, Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow is smooth and color payoff quite well. Palette comes with a white color, light brown, dark brown and gray. I do find white color a little bit chalky but not on other 3 colors. I uses white as a base and highlighter, dark brown on upper lids and gray on outer lids. Lastly, I uses light brown to apply on crease and blends out the harsh line between dark brown and gray.

According to their website description: Crease-proof & fade-proof wear

Powder shadow delivers rich, beautiful color that looks freshly applied for up to 12 hours. Patented ColorStay® formula won't crease, fade or smudge. Now with patented SoftFlex® for silky smooth color that blends effortlessly. Two multi-use applicators included.

  • Ophthalmologist-tested.
  • Non-irritating.
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers.
  • Safe for sensitive eyes.
If you are looking for some sultry and smokey brown palette, then this may not be suitable for you. This is a light and subtle eyeshadow palette, which suitable for Office Ladies or if you prefer something tone down. If you really wish to turn this soft brown palette into a great smokey eyes, maybe you will need to use a stronger base color for example using MAC Paint 'Bamboom' or Paint Pot 'Quite Natural'. I bought this palette not because of its colors are special. Rather because I need a brown palette, which is not so expensive but suitable for everyday use. I love my Dior 5 Color Iridescent Eyeshadow palette and initially I thought Revlon ColorStay and Dior 5 Color is almost similar. After some swatches and EOTD, I found that they are totally different. Dior 5 Color Iridescent Eyeshadow palette still my favourite palette...

The original price is RM46.00 but I bought it with 20% off and I only paid RM36.80. If I'm not mistaken there are 18 shades available but I don't think every single shades have been brought into Malaysia. As a drugstore brand and price, personally I found this palette is not bad but still cannot compare with my favourite Dior, MAC and Stila eyeshadow. Too bad, Stila has pulled out from Malaysia and I don't see them in Singapore too. Is Stila available in Singapore ?

Not to worry if you are interested in this palette as our Watsons and Guardian always having great sale. If you missed out this National Day sale, I'm sure within next 2 months there will be another sale coming soon.


5 comments:

  1. wow..looks like a great palette to own! I never purchase any of their e/s and now, I want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... although the texture is not superb but still value for money...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seldom buy revlon... haha
    the castledew i bought from internet...it cost me around RM85 for each of the blush and eye shadow cost rm70++

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur castledew definitely have fantastic packaging... I'm longing for Jill Stuarts but too bad, we don't have them here...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me some words. I'm very much appreciate your comments and share your thoughts with me. Do always come back for more!